Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Favorite Porch

My favorite porch is my Grandmomma & Granddaddy's. We have taken TONS of pictures there over the years!


You feel like you are in another room of the house. Ferns enclose the porch to make a little outside room. Depending on the season, there is always something different in bloom. The best time is when you walk up and smell gardenia. I was so excited when we moved into our new house and there was a gardenia by my front door just like theirs!


Their thumbs are as green as they get! I should have taken a picture of it but last week there was a flower that bloomed. It is rare that it blooms and theirs had 5 blooms! The plant is over 20 years old. I told you... green thumbs!!

Best of all, great memories!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love reading your entries! What a great way to log memories.
We had so much fun last week. I think Nathan enjoyed your visit the most. He cried himself to sleep Tuesday night because Jacob was gone. We/He are excited about Thanksgiving. Keep writing and we will keep reading!

Unknown said...

I did a zoom on Jacob's face in these photos and he gives a most genuine - excited smile. Ah, the complete openness of a child.

Good looking family. I know your grandparents are so proud of you.

Ah, to be on a porch right now. . .