Seems impossible but this big boy will be 4 years old tomorrow! This is his last day as a three year old!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
What a treat! On Monday we got to keep the Platt boys. While these guys were napping, we celebrated Mardi Gras (Platt-Houston in Lawrenceville style)
The boys got to catch cups, animals & beads
They yelled, "throw me something mister!"
They marched to zydeco music in the den!
Isn't it funny that the boys wanted to put their costumes on?! Their idea & since Jacob was very sick last Mardi Gras and missed all the festivities, I know he doesn't remember mardi gras & that some people dress up! You can take the boy out of NOLA but not the NOLA out of the boy!
(This is Jacob's 2nd parade this week. His preschool teacher is from NOLA & brought king cake & they had a parade at school...too cool & just what we needed as we missed all the fun this year!)
Monday, February 23, 2009
A questionnaire for Jacob: (taken from Lots of Scotts, see sidebar)
1. What is something Momma always says to you?
I love you
& be careful
2. What makes Momma happy?
If I do good things
3. What makes Momma sad?
When I don't do good things
4. How does Momma make you laugh?
5. What was your Momma like as a child?
I wasn't here so I don't know
6. How old is your mom?
7. How tall is your mom?
(counts up my legs & entire body) & reports 12
8. What is your Momma's favorite thing to do?
to play with me
9. What does she do when you aren't around?
10. What is your Momma really good at?
11. What is she not really good at?
trying to win hi o cherry O
12. What does your Momma do as a job?
clean & teaches how to have babies & teaches the Momma & Daddy what to do with the baby
13. What is her favorite food?
14. What makes you proud of your Mom?
when she plays with me
15. If she were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Sally, (lightening mcqueen)
16. What do you and your Mom do together?
play, go to the store, cook
17. How are you and your Momma the same?
we have the same striped pants
18. How are you and your Momma different?
we wear different colors
19. How do you know your Mom loves you?
takes care of me
So in case there was any doubt in my mind, Jacob thinks I play & clean most of the time which holds a lot of truth!
Monday, February 16, 2009
What a week! Both boys have been sick so if I haven't called you back, emailed you or missed something that I was supposed to do, please excuse me! Just a quick catch up....
This precious chubby hand &
this precious face belong to my 8 MONTH OLD baby. I know I say it every month but I can't believe he is already 8 months old!
Jacob had to miss Grandma's 80th b-day dinner (which meant Daddy had to miss) because he was already down for the count but Logan helped her celebrate. And no, my dad would not let him burn his hand!
This is Logan on his first Valentine's day just mere hours before his first ER visit for a spiking temp, croup, wheezing & double ear infection. Note: the ear infection that wasn't there the day before in the office. 2nd time to do the "not here on Friday, now an emergency on Saturday" situation.
This picture brings me to my valentine. Saturday was a full day & he had his hands full but I had requested a picture of the valentine bib on THE day & I was at work. And he delivered.
So in honor of Valentine's (albeit late...)
How well do I know him?
1. Your spouse is sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
ESPN, (any sport), FOX news, reruns of law & order
2. Who takes longer showers you or him?
Me if I have the opportunity, which is rare. I am usually in race mode, before someone wakes up, cries or gets in trouble
3. What is one food your spouse doesn't like?
mushrooms, although I could give several
4. Where did he go to high school?
5. What is his shoe size?
10 or 10 1/2
6. How does he take his coffee?
7. If he were to collect something what would it be?
He does, and it is books, books & more books
8. What is his favorite cereal?
Honey bunches of oats or Just bunches
Although that may change any minute....he will love a cereal for a while & then ALL of the sudden, not like it anymore.
9. What is his favorite sports team?
Georgia Tech football
10. Where was your first date?
A restaurant in Virginia Highlands (name? a girl's name, can't remember). It was where he took all of his first dates. We then went to Cafe Intermezzo for coffee, not sure if all the girls got to go there too???
11. What is something I do that he wishes I didn't?
Leave the bedroom drawers a little bit open, there is probably a LONG list but that is one that I know!
12. What is his heritage?
Atlantan:) Not sure about this one.....
13. You bake him a cake for his b-day, what flavor?
Something with chocolate, served with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream
14. What could he spend hours doing?
Reading, watching football, surfing the internet
15. What is an unique talent he has?
Not one that he displays that often but he is a great dancer
16. Where is his favorite place that he has traveled?
I know he loved the mission trip to Columbia, not sure if that was the favorite
17. What is a clothing item that he would never wear?
It has been a week about everything BUT valentine's day but I do love that man! I love our life even if it means that we are still trying to figure out when to escape for a little date. He is a great daddy & I am blessed to be his partner. He is a great example for our sons of being an obedient man of God & I love how he loves me. We will eventually have that date but until then hopefully I "passed" the test of how well I know him!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Logan @ 7 1/2 months
As I was bundling up Logan the other day, I took a trip down memory lane........
This is the warmest blanket we have (thanks, Heather W!) & we certainly needed it this week. But it reminded me of this:
This was Jacob @ 8 1/2 months bundled up @ his cousins's football game.
Alike but different! Both can get wrapped around your finger with those baby blues!