1) if you start looking for gas, lurking if you will, following gas trucks, when you have 3/4 tank because that is practically emergency low
2) if you pull up to a gas station that says 3.99 unleaded and there is no one there and you feel like you have won the lottery
3) if you stop at that gas station despite the fact that one kid is whining and one is screaming bloody murder, a situation when you would have never stopped to fill up say a month ago
4) if you pull into the gas station thinking "this can't be they must have forgotten to take down the price when they ran out"
5) if you get out of the car very sure there will be a sign taped to the pump stating that of course there is no gas
6) if you don't see a sign but slide your card and know the inside attendant will soon announce that there is no gas
7) if you slide your card, turn to open your gas cap and hear a beep and you are surprised they are only asking for your zip and not beeping to tell you, no more gas
8) if you start pumping your gas & you want to high five the guy that pulls up next to you to tell him, "the Lord has provided, there is gas!"
9) if while you are pumping gas you want to shout to everyone passing, "it's not a trick, there is gas and NO lines. What will we do with the free hour we get today?"
10) if the whole time you are pumping gas and watching, $2.32, $3.52, $5.01....you are thinking "too good to be true, they are going to run out." You are also looking over your shoulder waiting for candid camera to pop out and find out the joke is on you, there is no gas.
You pull away and think to yourself, "If I accomplish NOTHING else today, I have a full tank of gas."