Thursday, October 30, 2008

Soup Time

Souptacular08

I LOVE using my crockpot and I LOVE soup. We eat soup a lot in the fall and winter months. So you can only imagine my excitement when I ran across Boo Mama's Souptacular Crockpotalooza tonight. I will share a recipe from our dinner tonight. If I can remember I will try and post other soup recipes soon.

This one is super easy!

Smoky Tex Mex Stew

1 1/2 lb lean beef chunks for stew
1 cup each: salsa and BBQ sauce
1 packet (1.25 oz) red-sodium taco seasoning mix (or like me today, think you have a packet and don't so just wing it with chili powder and a couple of things from your spice rack)
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 can each: chickpeas and black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (the taste is fine without this if you are making do with what you have @ home)

Mix all ingredients except beans and cilantro in crockpot. Cover and cook on High for 4-5 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours until beef is very tender.
Stir in beans and cilantro.Cover and let stand for 5 minutes for beans to heat through.

Just for those playing @ home: 8 weight watcher points, this recipe makes 6 servings, very filling

2 comments:

Mandy said...

sounds good, think I will try it. I too love crockpot meals!!

Elizabeth said...

Mmmm, mmmm - GOOD! Made it last night and we loved it! Thanks girl! I made it with just 1 can of black beans (I don't like those chick peas) and it was super.