Friday, August 8, 2008

Brotherly Love

This morning Jacob has been just full of what I refer to as "Jacobisms." I won't include what he told me when he saw me instead of Daddy come to get him out of bed (it wasn't nice!) But after we got over the first "treat others as you want to be treated" lecture of the day he was a hoot.

He has started handling most bathroom duties himself. This morning he told me he was going to do everything. As he left the room, I reminded him, "tag in the back." We call out this reminder any time he heads to the bathroom by himself. If I don't say it, he will ask, "tag in the back, Momma?" But this morning he was feeling extra independent and ready to take on the world. After my reminder he said, "Momma, you don't have to tell me. You already teached me that." Too bad every instruction can't end with just one time!

I usually get in about 2 minutes of the Today show before I am asked to turn it. This morning there was coverage of Beijing and the olympics. They were showing past opening ceremonies and there were fireworks. Jacob said we can hear those all the way at our house, they must be on speaker phone!


Nothing was as precious as walking over to see this.........

This is Jacob's blankie. Nothing comes in between him and his blankie. He said Logan could have it while he was eating his breakfast. I know he REALLY loves his brother if we would do this!

No comments: