Thursday, June 12, 2008

Logan Is Here!


April's induction was scheduled for 9:30am yesterday. We called the hospital at 8:30am, and they told us that they were too busy. We were finally able to come in around 2pm. They started April on pitocin at 3pm. The doctor broke her water at 4:30pm. At 6pm April decided that she was ready for an epidural. Almost immediately after the epidural was administered, April's pain increased (for those of you playing at home, that is not the intended effect). The doctor checked her, and she was at 5 cm. Over the next hour her pain only increased. The anesthesiologist administered another round of meds. No impact. April's doctor came back in around 7pm, and he decided to check her. He announced that the baby was ready to come "now." There was no panic, but the staff did move quickly. April pushed for about 15 minutes (remember the epidural has not kicked in). At 7:23pm, Logan Marshall Houston was born.

We could tell that he was huge as he was coming out. The nurse put him on the scale, and he weighed 9 lbs, 9 oz. Let me remind you that April's epidural had not taken yet. I always knew that my wife was tough, but now I know that she could kick my butt. No more talking back for me!

Logan is 21", and his head is 14". BIG! He was just circumcised, and he is doing well. Later today I will post a link to Snapfish with several pictures. For now enjoy these.

April and Logan are doing well. Jacob came up last night and looked at Logan through the window. In a few minutes, I will go get him so that we can bring his Mom some flowers.

Thanks for your prayers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see him! Congrats! H

Unknown said...

Oh, I always knew April could hold her own!

Glad all is well - and everyone is healthy. 10 finger/10 toes - and everything else in the right place!

Very blessed fella to be an Ellis/Houston prince.

Hugs all around.

Amy said...

Congratulations April, Inman, and Jacob! Logan is adorable...and big! Hahaha...I am so happy for y'all and cannot wait to meet the new Mr. Houston :) Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Praising God for another precious blessing added to your home. Sorry it was such rough going for April, but she did good! Logan now shares a birthday with Dustin, Emily and probably a host of other important people. Looking forward to more photos.

The Wilson Family said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you all! April I am so impressed, you are so awesome! Take care and I cannot wait to see you all!

Unknown said...

April, I'm proud of you and proud for you. We miss you so much! Smitty