Thursday, November 26, 2009

Behind on blogging but very thankful!


I have been behind on blogging but that is mainly because we have had a lot of fun the last couple of weeks.
I am in between thanksgiving cooking & thought what better day to show pictures of just a few of the things I am thankful for this year!



I am thankful for Jacob & what a great time he had playing soccer this fall. A couple of weeks ago we had his end of year party & he got his first trophy! He was so shy during the presentation that I hardly got his picture but this picture shows how thrilled he was!
I am also thankful for his daddy who was a great asst' coach & loved being with Jacob & the team!

I am thankful for the wonderful place we live & that God has called us to serve here. Look at the view at the park where we had Jacob's soccer party. I felt like we were in a mountain retreat! It was so pretty & just miles from our house!

I am thankful for this little guy. Logan wants so bad to be 4 like his brother! He keeps us on our toes but I am so thankful for our kiddos!


Trying to get a picture of the 2 is getting harder & harder. Not quite sure how in the world we will get a Christmas card picture this year!



I am thankful for my family. My mom's birthday was a couple of weeks ago. I am very thankful to have married, healthy parents.

I am thankful for good friends & 24 hour trips!
Last week the boys & I hopped in the car & headed to B'ham for the night. We usually try to get to B'ham to see the Platts in the fall. I was dying to see Heather & the boys & to meet Isaac Box, Bart & Leslie's 4th child. When he was born, Inman & I entered the several weeks long flu/swine flu episodes & I had to stay far away from this little man who was born a few weeks early. Between the 3 families, look at these precious children! The 3 couples started in seminary together & we love getting to spend time together & letting our kids play together.



I am thankful for our church Lawrenceville First Baptist & the wonderful weekday preschool we have. Jacob's class has a thanksgiving feast last week. We are thankful for great teachers & a place that he loves going!
I am thankful that my friend Beth remembered that us moms never get to be in any pictures & had me take a picture of her & her daughter & returned the favor!
I am so thankful for these girls! I ended my week spending time with my college friends. If you have read this blog for any time at all, you will know we get together in the summer with kids & around the holidays with only moms with the exception of nursing babies (which we usually have at least of one:)
We had 24 hours & packed it full of fun, food, laughing, crying, shopping, & retelling stories from past get togethers. We love being together & even though it is quite an ordeal to get a date that will work with all nurses, it is well worth it & we come away with our tanks full!
So much to be thankful for! Logan has an ear infection & is wheezing some so we are doing breathing treatments but it is a great reminder that we have 2 healthy kids & can't take a minute for granted. Most of all, I am thankful that God loves each of us, has a special plan for our life & extends His grace to all of us through the gift of His son!
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: