Monday, February 16, 2009

Catch up & late valentine's!

What a week! Both boys have been sick so if I haven't called you back, emailed you or missed something that I was supposed to do, please excuse me! Just a quick catch up....
This precious chubby hand &
this precious face belong to my 8 MONTH OLD baby. I know I say it every month but I can't believe he is already 8 months old!


Jacob had to miss Grandma's 80th b-day dinner (which meant Daddy had to miss) because he was already down for the count but Logan helped her celebrate. And no, my dad would not let him burn his hand!


This is Logan on his first Valentine's day just mere hours before his first ER visit for a spiking temp, croup, wheezing & double ear infection. Note: the ear infection that wasn't there the day before in the office. 2nd time to do the "not here on Friday, now an emergency on Saturday" situation.
This picture brings me to my valentine. Saturday was a full day & he had his hands full but I had requested a picture of the valentine bib on THE day & I was at work. And he delivered.
So in honor of Valentine's (albeit late...)
How well do I know him?
1. Your spouse is sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
ESPN, (any sport), FOX news, reruns of law & order
2. Who takes longer showers you or him?
Me if I have the opportunity, which is rare. I am usually in race mode, before someone wakes up, cries or gets in trouble
3. What is one food your spouse doesn't like?
mushrooms, although I could give several
4. Where did he go to high school?
Dunwoody
5. What is his shoe size?
10 or 10 1/2
6. How does he take his coffee?
Black, yuck!
7. If he were to collect something what would it be?
He does, and it is books, books & more books
8. What is his favorite cereal?
Honey bunches of oats or Just bunches
Although that may change any minute....he will love a cereal for a while & then ALL of the sudden, not like it anymore.
9. What is his favorite sports team?
Georgia Tech football
10. Where was your first date?
A restaurant in Virginia Highlands (name? a girl's name, can't remember). It was where he took all of his first dates. We then went to Cafe Intermezzo for coffee, not sure if all the girls got to go there too???
11. What is something I do that he wishes I didn't?
Leave the bedroom drawers a little bit open, there is probably a LONG list but that is one that I know!
12. What is his heritage?
Atlantan:) Not sure about this one.....
13. You bake him a cake for his b-day, what flavor?
Something with chocolate, served with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream
14. What could he spend hours doing?
Reading, watching football, surfing the internet
15. What is an unique talent he has?
Not one that he displays that often but he is a great dancer
16. Where is his favorite place that he has traveled?
I know he loved the mission trip to Columbia, not sure if that was the favorite
17. What is a clothing item that he would never wear?
Skinny jeans:)

It has been a week about everything BUT valentine's day but I do love that man! I love our life even if it means that we are still trying to figure out when to escape for a little date. He is a great daddy & I am blessed to be his partner. He is a great example for our sons of being an obedient man of God & I love how he loves me. We will eventually have that date but until then hopefully I "passed" the test of how well I know him!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and two beautiful children. Jacob has totally stolen my heart in AWANAS. But don't forget what a great wife and mother you are. My mother-in-law always reminds me that the man is the head of the household, but the woman is the HEART!! Keep up the great work, my friend!

Sarah said...

such cute pictures of Logan! Did you go back to work? I need an update! We should get together one day soon for the boys to play!